What is a Candidate Forum?
We invite ALL candidates on the ballot for a contest to answer questions and give statements before the public. Each candidate will have the same amount of time to speak. Questions come from the audience with the League only checking for duplicate questions and inappropriate language. We ask as many questions as possible during the planned forum time limit.
How will it help me decide my vote?
- You can watch and listen to candidates address issues in more than just a brief sound bite.
- You can submit questions to be asked of all candidates.
- You may choose between candidates based on direct observations.
- You become engaged in the political process.
What should I consider while viewing?
We suggest you watch and listen with these ideas in mind
- Think ahead and decide which issues are most import to you.
- Is the candidate answering the question? Pay attention to HOW the candidate answers the questions. Are they specific? Sincere? Knowledgeable?
- Based on the candidate’s responses: Do they reflect your values? Does he or she support the priorities and issues that you care about?
- We ask all candidates to a set of ground rules before the event.
The League of Women Voters will be sponsoring the following forums for the November 8, 2022 general election:
L’Anse Creuse School Board – moderated by LWV Macomb County
Wednesday, October 12th at 6:30pm in person at:
Wheeler Community Center
24076 F.V. Pankow Blvd
Clinton Township, MI 48036
Note: no campaign or political messages allowed, including caps, clothing or signs
Request a Candidate Forum?
The League of Women Voters of Macomb County partners with non-partisan local neighborhood associations, cities, parent organizations, and diverse community groups to sponsor Candidate Forums. If your organization would like to work with us to produce a Forum, please ask us about 3 months before election day.