Proposal 3 Passed!
The League supported Proposal 3, “Promote the Vote”, which helps ensure that every eligible person can vote and every vote will count. This proposal safeguards our elections with audits and more accurate voting lists and removes barriers that can make it harder for citizens to fulfill their responsibility to vote. This constitutional amendment will:
- Protect the right to vote a secret ballot
- Ensure military service members and overseas voters get their ballots in time for their votes to count
- Provide voters with the option to vote straight party
- Automatically register citizens to vote at the Secretary of State’s office unless the citizen declines
- Allow a citizen to register to vote anytime with proof of residency
- Provide all registered voters access to an absentee ballot for any reason
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of elections by auditing election results
Many Michigan City and Township clerks support the proposal. Read the press release here from the Lansing Area Clerks who endorse Proposal 3 because it will boost voter participation and protect election integrity. The League urged a YES vote on Proposal 3 which provides a common-sense approach to removing barriers to voting for working families, safeguarding our elections and putting voters first. For more information, visit promotethevotemi.com.